So a recent exercise
was to create a quick presentation in five minutes, to explain my
project aims and goals with feedback form other students on how much
it was understood. I feel my project went well, with a few pieces of
feedback that were very helpful for my direction.
So as I always do we
will start with the negatives – deal with bad news first!
1) My project is
already quite focussed:
- Setting out with such
a definite idea and project right out of the gate can narrow my views
and actually hinder development of the project. It may not be helpful
to choose a direction instantly and stick to it without deviation, as
it may stop any natural evolution
2) It is very big
The good thing about
motion comics is that they are many different forms of media in one:
They are animated, audio, interactive and written with a text based
slant. They include themes of audio design, cinematography and
screenwriting – as well as general writing and pacing. I love the
idea of exploring several themes, but this is a huge undertaking and
I need to keep achievable completion in view as well as the fun of
exploring.
3) I know how to create
the final artefact, but have not chosen software (Or media)
I'm still unsure of the
package to use when creating, mainly swinging between Adobe After
Effects and Maya for the actual final creation after creating assets
in Photoshop (Or maybe Corel Painter. You see the problem) I need to
perform more media tests, but this is a later concern.
The Positives!
1) Strong direction and
a lot of scope.
Already explained in
earlier points.
2) Transmedia is new
and exciting
I agree. It truly is a
new field with lots to explore and lots of fun to have. (Do I sound
conceited? I don't mean to.)
3) Lots of room to
experiment.
Already covered. One of
the reasons to choose a motion comic over a regular comic or
animation is the ability to explore in all fields.
I hope my presentation
comes across clearly on Thursday, as I will stop working on it soon
and return to reading eye burningly dry textbooks to describe a media
question.
No comments:
Post a Comment